Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Top Chef

I have a caterer preparing most of the food for Saturday night, but like always, I am now worried that we will run out of food. I am going to make a few appetizers, just to make sure there is plenty to go around. This is one of my favorite recipes from Katie Lee's "The Comfort Table" it is the perfect bite size snack!




Devils on Horseback
24 pecan halves
24 pitted dates
8 slices of bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
1 1/2 to 2 c. mango chutney

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Insert a pecan half into each date. Wrap with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and serve with chutney.

Enjoy!! So easy, so delicious, and perfect for when you feel like you just need to add a little extra something.

7 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous!I love mango chutney.
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks super delicious! i am sure you will have plenty of food for saturday! sounds like it is going to be a really good time! i hope you post pics! i love the theme and little ike is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be great for Halloween esp because of the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look at this recipe and think it looks easy to make but I have yet to make it. Now you are inspiring me to make it! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love presentation when meals are being served.
    someX when I do receipes, i read it with the *INTENT* to do it and somehow back out! My thought is I know good & well I CANNOT do this!
    Hmmmmmmm
    might try this one.....
    looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just KNOW I would love these! I am absolutely going to try them!

    ReplyDelete