Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chicago Time

A couple of weeks ago, I dropped my son off at overnight camp in Michigan then hopped on a train with my girls and my niece to spend some time in the windy city.Our first day we arrived just in time for lunch with my sweet friend Heather. We got a chance to catch up and hang out, then it was back to work for her and off to the sky deck at Sears, I mean Willis tower for us. I am really bummed that I did not get one picture of me and Heather this week. I guess we were having way to much fun to stop and pose!

The view of sky deck from the ground.....

and the view from the top.
All smiles on sky deck!!

The view looking straight down while on the sky deck (yikes)
The view from one sky deck to the other.
Wednesday morning, on our way to breakfast, we walked down my absolute favorite street in Chicago..
yes, here is where I would like to live one day!!

After a yummy pancake breakfast we were off. A stop at "The Bean" at Millenniumsmile!

then on to Crown fountain...
where we cooled off.
of course, a stop at American Girl was a must...

Wednesday evening, we met up with Heather again for dinner. I had the most amazing brussel sprout salad which I am hoping to recreate
Again, I am so bummed I did not take any photo's, but here is where Heather and I spent later Wednesday night sipping our cocktails!

Thursday was another sunny, beautiful day so we spent the afternoon at Oak Street beach.


Thursday night, we waited for an hour, but I got my deep dish Chicago style pizza fix taken care of...
Our last day, before heading back to Holland, we spent at Navy Pier

We had a great girls week!

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect girls week! Seriously you 4 are so adorable together. Sounds like a fabulous time! I love Chicago and want to go back sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great time! you are always taking fun trips! you and your girls are gorgeous! i love chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Chicago in the summer!!! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really did have too much fun to stop and pose!

    I love these photos. You packed in a lot of fun things in a short time! Can't wait to see you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these pictures Jill! My husband and I are going to Chicago in a few weeks. I went in May and am so excited to take him! Where is your favorite street? Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, it is Bellevue between Rush and LSD, every home is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete