Monday, August 29, 2011

May-December

Years ago when I heard Billy Joel who was 55, was getting married to a girl that was only 22, I had my doubts that this was a marriage made to last. Coincidentally, the third Mrs Joel was a classmate of my brother in law at Miami of Ohio. After 5 years of marriage, no one was surprised when this couple called it quits. However, being married to Billy definitely has its perks...

Billy bought this home for her when they were married, she needed a place in the Hamptons to hang out with her friends, so it stayed with her after the divorce

Over the weekend, I saw a show on HGTV called "My Favorite Place" Celebrities give personal home tours, highlighting their favorite places in their homes. She gives a detailed tour of her Hampton's home, but her "favorite place" is the deck and surrounding beach.
As part of their divorce settlement, they sold their NYC townhouse. What would upset me the most.... having to leave this bath/dressing room behind.It has been said, that with out Billy, Katie never would of been host of Top Chef, published cookbooks, been a guest of Oprah, or be an "Early Show" contributor. Katie published her first cookbook while still Mrs Joel.
and her second one, after the divorce..
There are some really great recipes in both cookbooks that I will be using for an upcoming party I am throwing this weekend. I will definitely be sharing later this week.

5 comments:

  1. I love Katie Lee. Billy definately helped launched her career, but the girl can cook. Love her cookbooks and use them all the time. Can't wait to see what you are cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute and I am sure great in the kitch but she definately came up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love new recipes.Sleepover was fun.Easier with small numbers.I got away lightly this year!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jill,

    Thank you for sharing.

    Wish I saw the home tour.

    Power just came back on today!

    I can't wait to hear about the recipes
    and entertaining.

    Best,

    CBO

    ReplyDelete