Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Love List

After this past trip, I can add 2 more things to my love list. My 2 new loves revolve around alcohol, but nothing says summer like a refreshing cocktail.

First up is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. I am usually a chardonnay girl, but while away, I was on the beach flipping through a Bon Appetit magazine and came across an article on sauvignon blanc and how perfectly light and refreshing it is for the summer. I decided to give it a try and now I am hooked. Next, Effen cucumber vodka and club soda. If you have ever been to a spa and sipped on cucumber water and loved it, then trust me you need to try this drink. It has the light taste of cucumber with that little kick that we sometimes need. Heather and I spent a night in Chicago sipping my new favorite drink, and it was fancy-tastic!
for an added bonus, one night at my in-laws I decided to add some fresh mint, fresh from the garden....
I should be a bartender!!

6 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Thank you for the shout out! I have been loving Sauvignon Blanc more than Chardonnay for awhile now. Glad you turned to the crispy side...

    I need to buy some of that vodka. It really is a good summery drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I need that cucumber vodka asap. This is a post after my own heart. You should try Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc and Chalk SB they are both great. I used to love Kim Crawford but now it is too sweet for me. I am seriously wishing I had that vodka for tonight.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Natalie- I need to go get that vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effen sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try that! And I like the mojito twist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just mentioned Kim Crawford to my hubby to add to our wine list. Apparently I don't remember but we have tried it and loved it! Good thing he remembers because I don't!

    ReplyDelete