Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sip and See

My sister, brother in law, and new nephew are coming to town this weekend and I am throwing a "Sip and See" for them. I am hosting a party where everyone comes, "sips" cocktails, and they get to "see" Ike for the first time. Basically a baby shower after the fact, with more of a cocktail feel. Ike will be around for the first hour of the party, then off to bed for him!
I am having a caterer prepare most of the food, we are going with "small" plates to keep with the "baby" theme...

I plan on using blue hydrangeas on the table, taken from my own back yard..
the signature cocktail of the night will be "baby blue martinis"...

and in the goodie bags....baby blue cake pops!

7 comments:

  1. Love a sip n see! I am sure its going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sip and Sees are so much more fun than baby showers! Ike is adorable and I love the baby theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! I love the blue theme. Sorry I have been missing in action on your blog. My home computer wouldn't let me comment on your site? It was so annoying! I finally have my work computer back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I can't wait to see pictures!

    PS I immediately though of the Sip and See from Real Housewives of Atlanta!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. So freakin' cute! And Oh my goodness! How adorable is Ike? Super cute!!! Sounds like a fantastic party! You are always throwing great parties!!!
    Sorry I have been MIA for awhile! Been a little busy!:) Hopefully I will be around more now!! Missed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. I've never heard/tried a "Baby Blue" martini. Now, I'm curious...

    ReplyDelete