Thursday, August 11, 2011

Digital for Dummies

Last year, Dr. Beautiful gave me a digital SLR camera and I still to this day cannot take a good picture. My brother in law is a phenominal amateur photographer, so I asked him for some tips. His advise was to play around with the camera and maybe read the manuel. Usually when I am on vacation I like to read fluff, but I did pick up a "Digital for Dummies" book and got busy. Here are some of my favorite shots from my final week in Michigan.




I gave Libby a tutorial on what I had learned and she gave a whirl at it.
I finally got an action shot that wasn't one big blurry mess.
Dan tried his hand with the camera once Lottie fell asleep on me.
The best shot of the week
I still have a lot of reading to do, but hey Rome wasn't built in a day!!

6 comments:

  1. The photos turned out great- SHE is sooo cute! I am an avid (amateur) photographer and honestly you just have to play around with it sometimes and you'll accidentally get a fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new camera asap! Your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, Jill! I think you're doing fantastic. I took me a few years to get used to the SLR, and I still have photos in each bunch that are blurry, or have heads chopped off, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos came out beautiful! When i first got my camera I would only use it in AUTO then i started playing with manual and with time i got it! so dont stress out! heheh

    Lots of love,
    simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fricking fantastic!! That one of the wine cart looks like it could be in a magazine. And it's making me thirsty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a pro already! Love that picture of you and Lottie!

    ReplyDelete