Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mind the Gap

Over the weekend I had to run to the Gap to get some staples for my kids.  I was enticed to the adult side by the 30 % off everything.  I am glad I wandered over because I got some really cute pieces to add to my Fall wardrobe.

Navy and white geometric tunic.  Let me start by saying I love this tunic.  Sometimes tunics can be tricky, they are too long to be actually be a tunic and you end up looking frumpy, but way too short as a "dress" for someone like me who is 5'9.  I have also been on the hunt for a top to wear with my red minnies from JCrew and I knew this would be perfect.  Coincidentally this tunic also comes in a dress, check it out here with Natalie.


Black and white cozy wrap sweater.  I wore this Sunday when the hubs and I went out for coffee.  We sat at an outside restaurant and there was a little bite in the air, the sweater was perfect.  No lie, I was stopped by 2 different girls that walked by, both were surprised when I said it was from the Gap.


Polka dot sweater.  Every magazine, catalogue, website is showing polka dots for the fall.  This sweater comes in about 5 different color combos but this was the only one left in my size.  I am glad I ended up with this color, I am lacking camel for the fall.



The stretch skinny cord.  OK ladies these stretch cords are the bomb!!  Great fit, the waist is not too low that you either have 3 inches of underwear showing or have to go without (who wants that, yuck).  The material is super soft and they come in your traditional fall colors or bright pops of color.  Perfect with booties, boots, heels or flats.  I wish I bought more.

Best part of my shopping trip, when I checked out I got another 10% off because I have a Gap card.  I highly recommend a trip to your local Gap!

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad you wrote this post! I always love seeing how stuff works on real people. I had looked at that sweater online now you have me wanting to buy it! You got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO WEIRD. I just ordered every single one of those pieces last night. And the moto tweed jacket. Glad to hear you think they are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again...all my St. Louis friends do The Daily Method and love it...I think it's across from Frontenac??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that wrap sweater and the pink skinny cords! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ended up ordering those cords in black because they come in X-tra long inseam. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great purchases! I love your wrap sweater:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Cords and swearers perfect for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went Sun and got some stuff! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all these finds-need that sweater asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that polka dot sweater!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gap has totally stepped it up! I am loving what you bought and need to get there asap! the wrap sweater and polka sweater are adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog through Following Cs. Love it! I love that top from the gap. I'm all about some colored jeans right now. I want to wear them every day!

    ReplyDelete