Monday, October 15, 2012

Scenes from the Weekend

I can officially cross camping off my list.  I did it, and it is so not for me!!

I loved the horseback riding...



I loved the hiking...



I loved the cocktails by the fire...



but when it was time for bed, I was so over camping and just wanted this...


I did however, get to spend some precious time with my daughter, which was the only reason why I even went.  For that reason alone I would do it again.

In addition, I found these fruit thingys everywhere at our campsite.  I didn't even know what they were but Libby and I gathered a few because I knew I wanted to take them home and do something with them.  



and here is what I did (with a few extra gourds)...

I also found out they are hedge apples, just in case you were wondering;)

Ah happy Monday!!


7 comments:

  1. Ha!! I can totally see that camping is not for you, I camped once and hated it! I love the campfire aspect, but I too need a cozy place to sleep where bugs are not allowed. Sweet picture of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I feel the same way about camping! I love that photo of you and Libs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would like camping either...glad you had a lovely time with Libby! I have never seen those apples before:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big time camper either! However, I stayed in a fifth wheel with hot water and heat! Now that kind of camping I can do! =)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. We call those Ugly Fruit here (Ohio) and we use them to repel spiders. Just another use for your cute decorations ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Lovely post and pictures!! I have never seen such fruits...They are really strange but look good in there!

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time with your daughter! I am not into "camping" either! hubs makes fun of my because my idea of camping is a log cabin, in the woods with satellite tv, a hot tub, all of the amenities.... lol. I tell him its still in the woods so it counts! :)

    ReplyDelete