Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Night



Have a Boo-tiful Halloween!!


Tonight, as following with tradition, my next door neighbor and I set up a little table in our street and pass out candy to all the little goblins.  In addition to a big bowl of candy, champagne, and appetizers my contribution will also be a big pot of chicken tortilla soup.




Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
2 cans of green enchilada sauce
2 cans of red enchilada sauce
2 cans of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
2 cans chopped green chiles
4 cups monterey jack cheese

Mix all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low until soup is warm and you are ready to serve.  Add crushed tortillas, more cheese, and a dollop of sour cream on top of each serving.


6 comments:

  1. That soup sounds delish! I will have to make it tonight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. Great minds think alike. I just made a huge pot of tortilla soup too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too--making chicken tortilla soup, who knew it was so popular!?! Y'all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super yummy! Will have to add that one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm all sounds yummy!! Enjoy! Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween! One of my fave holidays. This soup looks amazing. I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete