Friday, October 19, 2012

Girl Friday

Even though my brother in law is already married, I feel like this is their wedding weekend.  Since the couple had a small intimate wedding atop a mountain in Vail, this weekend they will be in St. Louis for a second reception.



Tonight feels like the rehearsal.  A small intimate dinner for family and close friends.  The restaurant happens to be one of the two owned by my brother in law's good high school friend.  Dr Beautiful and I were just at his other restaurant recently.



Saturday while the boys are golfing, the girls will be at a bridal luncheon...


then Saturday night is the reception/cocktail party at my in law's home...



If I am on a roll Saturday evening, the hubs and I will sneak off to our second party of the night.  A couple friends are hosting a Dallas themed party.  I will not be partaking in the "come as your favorite character attire" but I am sure I can be talked into a shot of whiskey...


Sunday morning is the brunch...




complete with a little "hair of the dog"



 Sunday night, dinner at our house to see the bride and groom one last time before their early Monday morning flight.  My sister in law is a vegetarian so I found a meatless dish on pinterest that looks amazing...


Four Cheese Rigatoni



and since my husband is not a vegetarian, I also found something for his appetite...



Chicken Piccata 


OMG I am going to gain 10 pounds this weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous plans as always Jill! Now I'm starving, need a drink, and have the Dallas them song playing in my head:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Courtney's! I'm jealous of your weekend eats, especially those crepes. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so fun!! I would totally love a Dallas themed party! Bring on the big hair. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have another fab weekend in store! hope you get lots of photos:) Enjoy!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I'm starving now after looking at those pics. I probably gained 10 pounds just LOOKING at them! Ha! Sounds like a fun weekend! I haven't been to a wedding in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend you have planned! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your weekends always ridiculously trump mine! love the wallpaper at that first restaurant and the Dallas themed party sounds amazing- we need to see pics! xoxo

    ReplyDelete