Thursday, October 25, 2012

Friends

Last week, a friend of mine from college, that I have not seen in 10 years called me to let me know that she would be in STL for business.  She originally was hoping we could meet up for a dinner but we got to chatting like old times and she decided to come down a day early so we would have more time.  Her flight gets in today at 10 am and in addition to some major catching up I am going to show her around town.



The number 1 must see on everyone's list their first time to STL is the arch



I am insisting she see the beautiful Forest Park


and some of my favorite parts of the city



We will have to dine on traditional St Louis foods, like Imos pizza.  I don't know what it is about this pizza, but St Louisans are obsessed with this (me included).  When my sister comes back to town the first thing we always do is go get this pizza, and my brother in law that lives in Chicago always takes one with him as he is leaving STL and heading home.

It is paper thin and has provel cheese on top, which apparently is a unique flavor of cheese found only here




toasted ravioli ( a STL original)



and we will satisfy our sweet tooth with some gooey butter cake



and since our friendship was founded in college, a little drinking trip down memory lane









our top 3 drinks of choice!!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Have fun! I might need you to ship me some of that pizza I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LOL--Boone's Farm is a blast from my past too! Love it. I have St. Louis on my list of places I'd love to visit now:) Looks like such a cool city! Y'all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up with old friends is the best! It looks like you have a wonderful time planned. And all of that food looks delis! And what trip wouldnt be compete without a little drinking and reminiscing? So glad to be back blogging! Missed you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun and for your brother with taking imos with him - my dad orders like 10 inch ones half baked and then saran wraps them and puts them in a cooler for my uncle when he drives back to chicago. It works great they freeze them and throw them in the oven when they want them!

    Have so much fun with your friend that will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you really going to drink Boone's Farm? OMG - I'm dying laughing over here.

    When will you be in Chicago for Turkey Day? Unfortunately we will only be here Thursday and then we are heading to WI so I can see my brother. He is visiting from Vail.

    Now I want pizza.

    ReplyDelete