Friday, October 1, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

And thank goodness for that, we will be having a lot of "neighbor time" this weekend. Tonight it is my turn to host Fun Fridays. Basically all the neighbors come to my yard/driveway tonight for some munchies and cocktails while the kids run around and have fun. We do Fun Fridays the first Friday of every month. It really is so much fun, and it is also a great way to get to know some of your neighbors even better. Sunday night is our annual block party, which actually is a lot like fun Fridays but only with a clown and probably better food.

Somehow, Dan has managed another guys weekend. Hmmm I think the neighbors are beginning to think he has left me!!

On a different note, happy happy 31st birthday to my sweet sister, Jessica in Detroit. Last year for her 30th we went to Napa for the weekend, unfortunately this year I won't see her. I can't wait to see her at Thanksgiving!!
Me and Jess just picking up a small bottle at the Cakebread vineyard last year


Have a "beautiful" weekend my friends!

11 comments:

  1. So jealous you went to the Cakebread Vineyards! Fun Fridays sound like a great idea, maybe we will try and start that here! Have a fabulous weekend! and you and your sister are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your sister. You both are so adorable.

    What I wouldn't give for a trip to Napa. Not only to drink some fabulous wine (get drunk), but to get away for awhile. :)

    You sound like you live in a fun neighborhood. Have a great time tonight.

    By the way, where is hubby this weekend?

    I sent you the link to my kitchen post.

    Happy Friday!


    http://jhkappes.blogspot.com/2010/03/kitchen-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister are so pretty! It sounds like you're having a fun weekend! I hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color in my kitchen is called "Alexandria Beige" by Benjamin Moore. It's one of my all-time favorites.

    I haven't taken the sledge hammer to the bathroom yet (mister isn't excited at all about the idea), but went to the tile store to scope out some white hexagon tile. I think I might go that route with wainscoting. I'm kind of liking the idea of wallpaper above the wainscoting similar to the one in the photo I posted which surprises me. I'm not the biggest fan of wallpaper, but think it could look awesome in that space (something subtle).

    You're right about buying a used home. Constant projects. It doesn't feel like your own until you've redone every room. At least in my case as our new "used" home was dated. Sometimes I think it would have been better to build. But then again, we couldn't have gotten this location.

    Slowly, but surely my friend.

    Holy hell, and your mouse/rodent problem? You really had a "mouse house." Glad to hear it got figured out. Gives me hope!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Happy Birthday to your sis:) Love love the pic of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Fridays sounds great! I wonder if I could get my neighbors here to do the same... amusement vendredis just doesn't seem to have the same ring to it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! It sounds like you have a really fun weekend planned! Wish I could join you on your driveway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Fun Fridays sound amazing! I may have to bring this up to my neighbors! Happy birthday to your sister as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a serious bottle of wine. I want one. Two, actually. Right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much FUN!! Wish I had a Fun Friday to attend. Wish I had a few of those bottles of wine you have there too ;)

    P.S. Happy B-Day to your sis!!

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete