Monday, October 25, 2010

The Best of Times

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to visit some of my college friends for my sweet friend, Jodie's 40th birthday. I landed in Cincinnati Friday morning. Jodie and I spent the day going back to our college, eating lunch at our favorite restaurant and of course doing a little shopping.

It was very strange to be back on my old campus. It looks so different, yet it still felt so familiar. It was bitter sweet to see where I spent 4 very important years of my life.

Friday night we met up with another friend for some munchies and cocktails
then we went back to Jodie's to make the jello shots for the big party on Saturday night
We drank some "Bitch" wine while making the shots

Saturday Jodie and I ran some last minute errands for the party, then went and got make overs at the MAC counter. We ended up looking like drag queens, which was perfect for a costume party
Jodie and I right before the party began. I loved her costume, she looked like a real Vegas showgirl.




Some of my college friends
we drank
we danced
We had the best of times!

I realized how blessed I am to have such great friends whom after 17 years I still love dearly.


11 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! Did you go to Miami of Ohio? Love your costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Love the Jello shots. They remind me of college.

    Your costume is fabulous. I don't think you look like a slut at all. Drag queen - yes, I see it! Jodie's costume is awesome. You both look adorable.

    I need to get me some of that "Bitch" wine. My mister will think that's pretty funny. At times, so true. Can I buy it at the liquor store?

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at Xavier I just didn't want to be in a city when I was looking for schools (I have since transferred to a school in a city). I went to depauw for freshman year and now I've transferred to Univ of Tulsa. I couldn't have gone to slu I would have been driving out to my area for literally everything from dinner to stl smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a blast. Should I admit I've never had a jello shot? I adore MAC, but did they go overboard on purpose!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I love y'alls costumes! Jello shots are so yummy--I hope you enjoyed a few :) Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend!! I love how no matter how much time goes by, when you get together with your old girlfriends; the 20 year old inside comes out to play! Love that!
    Your costume was great by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill - you are a gorgeous drag queen/gypsy. Can't wait to meet you in person this SAT!!

    BTW - did you go to Miami of Ohio? My niece is going there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, that looks like so much fun! Your costume was super cute! And, um, you look like you're 25 years old in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous!!! Looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO fun!! Love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete