Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend and Wings

I had a fabulous weekend, despite the fact that I was a single parent again! Friday night I decided to get a sitter and meet one of my friends here....Robust is a very yummy tapas and wine bar. I had some delicious food, a wine flight (or 2) then went home very happy!!


Saturday after soccer games, I spent the better part of the afternoon in the kitchen.
I tried a new recipe from my new blogger friend Jessica. She actually has 2 blogs, they both have become my "go to" for recipes. Everything I have ever made from her blogs have turned out absolutely delicious!! On Saturday I tried a recipe from her kids website, macaroni and cheese. I just love, love, love mac and cheese. I tweaked it a little and "hid" carrots and cauliflower in the mac and cheese, my kids had no idea as they gobbled it up. Thanks Jess!!!


Sunday was beautiful and hot (95, seriously!!) so we went to one of my favorite places in STL, Forest Park. Forest Park is about 5 minutes from our house, it is a beautiful park where you can find the St. Louis Zoo, a golf course, the art and history museums, an outdoor theatre, tennis courts, playgrounds, boating, restaurants, and this weekend "Wings in the City"
Wings in the city is a public art project to benefits families that have terminally ill children. 50 local artists have decorated 50 butterflies that will be placed throughout the city.
Here are the kiddos in front of some of the butterflies. Next year there will be an auction to bid on the butterflies. I am on the "Wings" committee so I wanted to show my support. There was a cocktail party and the first unveiling on Saturday night, but I did not make it
There were many activities and lots of entertainment. The kids got to decorate Krispy Cream donuts.
Even Scarlett had to have one !
Scarlett sat down between 2 strangers and watched the dancers. She did not move from this spot for 30 minutes.
Here is my favorite butterfly. I don't know yet where in St. Louis this butterfly will call home for the next year, but for a mere $5,000 this butterfly can call my backyard home!

7 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds wondeful! Those butterflys are amazing. and your kids get any cuter??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great cause to be involved with and those butterflys are so cool.

    That park sounds amazing too. Your kids are so cute. Matthew is so serious and handsome.

    And I love your hat! You look so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Forest Park! Those butterflies are fabulous!!! I hadn't heard of them but can't wait to see them when I'm back for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that butterfly! It looks like y'all had a fun weekend!

    I got your sweet note in the mail on Saturday, but I just need to know which print you wanted on the girls' letters. Do you want the same print as my Lilly letter or would you rather have the pink print I emailed you?

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name Scarlett! And fab hat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay YEAH for making the mac n cheese cups and thanks for the shout-out! Umm.. love the name scarlett as well- can i steal it? HA- only kidding! And could you look any cuter in that hat? Seriously girl- your gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such a fun place to visit! That's all I can say, because I can't think of anything other than Krispy Kremes now.

    ReplyDelete