Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We Braved The Heat

This past Saturday we loaded up the kids and headed out to the pumpkin patch. We were not expecting the 90 degree heat on Saturday. I like to go to a pumpkin patch in my uggs, sporting a hat, scarf and mittens, sipping on a latte. Instead I found myself, cursing myself ,because I was so hot and way too overdressed.
Despite the heat, the kids had a great time climbing the haystack fort.

while Scarlett and I watched from under the canopy. If she could talk I think she would say, "damn it's hot"
We got lost in a corn maze. Dan and I were making Children of the Corn jokes the entire time, Libby was not happy!!
In the end, despite the heat, we had a fun Saturday.
And we got what we came for, pumpkins!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

5 comments:

  1. The weather has been crazy here, too. Not 90 degrees, but very nice. 70s to low 80s and no rain at all (unusual). Beautiful sunshine for well over a month. I hope this doesn't mean we're in for a nasty winter.

    Cute pictures. We haven't been to a "corn maze" in years. Love the "Children of the Corn" reference. LOL!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny but we had the exact same experience when we went to the pumpkin patch this year. It was 91 degrees out and we were all miserable! lol

    We were also joking about Children of the Corn and I was terrified to go near that maze. I was convinced Henry would run into it and we'd never find him!

    Cute kiddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I'm an off to go pick and carve pumpkins right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww looks like so much fun!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Autumn isn't supposed to be hot but I'm jealous! Normally the weather in my corner of Provence stays warm until mid-October, but the mistral blew cold winds in during September and since then the temps have dropped so much! One day it was summer, the next chilly chilly fall. It seems today that the winds have stopped so maybe I can put away my scarf and hat for a couple of weeks :-)

    Looks like a fun Saturday, you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete