Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Old House

We have been in our new home for almost 8 months. I absolutely love my new home. It is perfect for our family. It was a 3 year on again, off again search but we found it. I will, however, always have a soft spot in my heart for our old home. This was home to me for 10 years...We moved here when Matthew was a year old. I brought both my girls home from the hospital to this home. We have so many happy, happy memories in this house.

In our new home, I have started a little mini-makeover in our kitchen. Just a few things to make it ours. We gutted our kitchen in our old home about a year before we moved. I loved my old kitchen and I am copying some of the ideas from my old kitchen for my new one.


Here is my old kitchen. It's hard to tell in the pictures but my colors were cream, taupe and light blue.




My new house is less than a mile from my old one. I hate when I drive by my old house and all the blinds are pulled and the lights are off. I want to see what they have done with the place. I love driving at night when people have their lights on and the blinds up, you can get some great decorating ideas that way!

10 comments:

  1. Ok, this is a funny post to me. My kitchen has similar cabinets and the same (or very close) paint color on the walls. Oh, and my name is Jill and I drive around at night and look in people's windows. HAHA!!! Now I think I need zebra print chairs...how cute are those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the zebra chairs! You have great taste! Can't wait to see what you do to your new kitchen. and your old house reminds me alot of my parents house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "old" kitchen. White cabinets are my favorite. Clean and classic. They never go out of style and you never tire of the color (I gutted the kitchen in my "new" house and put in white with a contrasting dark, dark cherry island. Love it! Posted some photos if you want to take a look.).

    Let us know what you decide. I love anything that has to do with remodeling. I think you can get some fantastic ideas!

    Awesome kitchen table, by the way. I love whimsy of the chairs. Perfect.

    Have a great Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your old and new home are both gorgeous! it's so nice to get nostalgic when you see past residences. although, i've never owned a home, when i drive past old apartments i lived in during my college days my heart goes pitter patter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen that commercial where the husband and wife really are doing the drive-by-at-night thing! He says,"Busted!" when someone looks out their window and shuts their blinds! Hahahaha, that's so you!!

    Hahahah, have a wonderful thursday!!

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your old kitchen! I love the zebra chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else here.. You have such cool fun taste. The zebra chairs are so cute (I hope you still have them). Your old house is so nice. I can see why you miss it. I'm sure your new home is gorgeous. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom and I love to walk in our neighborhood in the evening and look in all the houses! Your kitchen is so cute! I love your old house! Makes me miss STL real estate! I might have to stalk cb gundaker's website!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such wondeful taste, I love the walls against the white cabinets, and stainless steel appliances!

    But it is sad to have to drive past something you once had..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your old home is fantastic! Your kitchen color scheme is gorgeous and those zebra chairs are fab!

    ReplyDelete