Sunday, September 19, 2010

When the cat's away, the mice will play

Saturday night started out innocently enough. After spending Friday night at a carnival with 3 kids and no hubby, I thought it was best to spend Saturday night with my friend, whose husband is also in Vegas, and no kids. My plan was to have a very casual night; movie, dinner and home in bed by 10 pm. My friend Sarah and I caught the 6:30 show of Eat, Pray, Love and then the plans changed from there.I think the problem was, that at this particular theatre they serve wine. After our second glass of merlot Julia Roberts had just arrived in Bali. I have read the book and knew we had a ways to go before the movie ended. At this point, the movie was dragging and I was starving. I had made reservations at my absolute favorite restaurant and I had been thinking about the food at this restaurant all day. I did not each much on Saturday because I saved my calories for dinner. We left the movie about 30 minutes early and decided to walk to the restaurant in the hopes we could be seated early.
On our way to our restaurant we passed a cafe and my next door neighbor and her hubby happened to be sitting outside. We sat, chatted, had a glass of wine and the next thing I knew, it was 1 am and I was doing this.
I was in no way dressed to be out in the clubs dancing at 1 am. I had on a long tank dress and flip flops, movie going attire. Everyone else had on stilettos and sequence. We were dancing, singing and pretty much annoying everyone else, but we had a great time. I am a big fan of the impromptu nights, they always end up being the most fun! Now my sitter on the other hand, not a big fan. I woke up this morning STARVING, never made it to dinner.

13 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best nights are the ones you are not expecting! I have to tell you I had a hard time making it through Eat Pray Love..I liked the book so much more!

    Found you through It's The World I Know (love her)and am your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had an awesome time! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great night to me! I love that you all let loose and had fun, who cares what the sequined chicks thought!?
    Came over from It's the world I know..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! Hope the rest of your weekend was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. I love those kinds of nights, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those kinds of nights! And I also found EPL to be a little sloooooooow. Book was way better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to your blog! Sounds like you had a great time. Sometimes its the nights that arten't planned that end up being the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jill!! Saw your comment on Miss Southern Prep's blog and found my way to you!! Love your blog and am your newest follower.

    How fun does your night out sound!! Loved the blurred pic ;)

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so much fun!! Just like you say.. It's the nights that you go out and feel forced to have fun that bomb. It's the nights that are supposed to be boring that get crazy.

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the part about your sitter not being a big fan! LOL! Glad you had fun and I want to see that movie bad- I love anything with Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the part about your sitter not being a big fan! LOL! Glad you had fun and I want to see that movie bad- I love anything with Julia!

    ReplyDelete