Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wedding Bells

This past weekend I had a crazy, busy, exhausting, fun filled wedding weekend. Friday night I got to spend some time with my brother and sister...and Dan. It was the perfect night to be outside for a rehearsal dinner.

And on Saturday......the reason everyone was here!!The bride and groom with their matchmaker.
The reception was held downtown at the City Museum. The museum itself is hands down one of the coolest places I have ever been to. You must put this on your list of places to go, you will not be disappointed. Between the aquarium, the 7 story slide, the ferris wheel on the rooftop, or the bus suspended over the roof there is something for everyone. The beer and wine bar doesn't hurt either!!

On the top floor of the museum is a room for parties and reception, which is where we dined and danced last Saturday night. Instead of 1 big wedding cake, the bride had smaller cakes on each table, this was perfect with the family style dinner. I thought the tables were just beautiful.
My dear friend Katie, and brother of the groom, whom I have known my entire life.
The best thing about weddings.....

everybody is so damn happy!!!
and of course at the end of the night, instead of taking the elevator....
we all took the slide!!
which is a little tricky in a dress, heels, and after some wine!!

7 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun-what a great place to have a reception! Love your necklace in the first picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress was so pretty and the bride is gorg. Looks like you had so much fun! I love the slide!!

    Where did you get the turquoise necklace? I loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklaces both days, and that slide looks like SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your turquoise necklace, is it Stella & Dot? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jill,

    Love the slide!

    What a treat.

    Best,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps Please feel free to e-mail me if you
    would like to find out more about the
    eye make up remover that I was talking
    about on Baby Shopaholic's blog.

    I didn't notice a way to get in touch with you.

    Have a great day.

    Thank you.

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a blast! Love the idea of family style w/ a cake at each table- so fun!

    ReplyDelete