Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend

Wedding weekends are my absolute favorite kind of weekend. I have another weekend that is starting a little early for us. My brother and his family from Cincinnati, and friends from Indiana are all arriving today for a dear family friend's wedding. Our house will be packed to the gills with all our guests, it is definitely going to be a fun weekend... (my sister from Detroit cannot come, they are just waiting for the phone call to come to Korea and pick up their son)
We are kicking off the weekend tonight with dinner/desserts/cocktails at our house for anyone that is in town. I also get to celebrate Father's Day a little early with my dad, my sisters and my brother.


This gorgeous house has been converted into a venue for private parties and events in the city's Forest Park. This is where we will be going for the rehearsal dinner.

We will be munching on traditional STL food like toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake, and Imo's pizza outside in the beautiful yard.

Saturday is the big day, I finally get to see my first official "set up" of a couple get married. And of course on Saturday night, I plan to dance the night away!!!



















11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your time with loved ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast!!! Have so much fun! And so exciting for your sis- can't wait to hear about that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding weekends are the best!! Take lost of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds busy! I am sure you are going to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI JIll, I have been reading your blog for a little while but never commented before. We used to live in St. Peter for a couple of years and I had totally forgotten about toasted raviolis and gooey butter cake until you mentioned them. We live in Cincinnati now and they have nothing even close to those things. There is however a bakery that does a pretty good french macaron.
    Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, too funny...I used to live in cincinnati too. I lived in hyde park

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a super fun weekend!!! I love weddings!!! Have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a wedding weekend! Have fun- drink too much and dance too much that is what weddings are all about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...must be so much fun....love the weddings...they are so much fun

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an eventful weekend! Have fun, Jill, and happy Father's Day to your hubby. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you have the most fun of anyone I've ever seen! :-) Hope you all have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete