Monday, June 13, 2011

Bringing the Summer Inside

Summer is in full swing here in STL. Outside, it has been nothing but beautiful sunny days and warm summer nights. Inside, I like to do a few things that represent summer and brings a smile to my face. The sunflower is the quintessential flower for summer, nothing says "summer" more that a big vase of sunflowers sitting on my kitchen counter. The best part..... these flowers seem to last forever!!!

During the summer months I always have ice cream in the freezer...
and fresh fruit in the fridge.
On my family room bookshelf you will find a Trapp Candle in the "Bob's Flower Shoppe" scent. This candle is amazing, it smells like roses, lilac, and honeysuckle, basically like you just stepped into the most wonderful flower shop in the world.
A jar full of fireflies my kids caught to light up our kitchen....which I always set free once everyone is sound asleep.

6 comments:

  1. Sunflowers do seem to last forever. I love them to brighten up the kitchen. Happy Monday to you, Jill! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute about the fireflies. Those Trapp candles do smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some real flowes... I have fake ones I got from World Market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all wonderful ways to celebrate summer!!! I am ready for the hot days to be a little less hot though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these things too! Trapp candles are the best- my mom introduced me to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying that Trapp coundle- sounds like it smells fab!

    ReplyDelete