Thursday, November 18, 2010

To Keratin or Not

I am sure you have all heard of the 'keratin smoothing treatments" that everyone is talking about. I have heard of it, but don't know much about it. Last week my hair dresser talked me into getting a keratin treatment. I do not have curly hair, but with my hair, if I don't blow dry it until it is completely dry then flat iron it, it just looks bad and kind of fuzzy.

This treatment will "change my life" according to Grant, the hairdresser. I will be able to wash my hair, let it air dry, and it will look like I just walked off set for a L'Oreal shoot. I have mixed feelings, I did a google search and you will find people who swear by this and then people who claim their hair has fallen out because of this. I have already called Grant twice to talk about it and now he just thinks I am crazy. Has anyone had this done? What do you think? Should I go for it? Am I crazy? My appointment is Friday at 2:30, help!!

5 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem with my hair. Let me know what you decide. If it works, I might give it a try (haven't yet, either).

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost got one this summer but was scared for the same reasons you are. I've heard that the older versions of this treatment caused the hair loss, not the newer keratin version. In the end I backed out b/c I felt like my hairdresser was pressuring me and didn't address my concerns... I wish I had an answer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...Mixpod...

    1. Sign-up for an account (I'm sure you did that).

    2.Search for your song.

    3.When you find the song you like, click the "plus" sign.

    4.It will put the song in your playlist on right of page (black boxy looking thing). You will be able to see it listed.

    Then you can...

    1. Edit the style of the playlist and change the color (you will see the area where you can do this under the black boxy looking thing.). I always like to change the setting so it plays automatically, too.

    2. Then hit the "save" button. It will want you to lable the playlist. Once you do that hit the "get code" button. This will take you to the page where you can select "blogger" on the left of page (you will see it). It will give you an HTML code to copy. Copy this code. Then go to your blog. In the "design" part click "add a gadget" then click on HTML.Paste the code from Mixpod.

    If you've already done all these steps, I don't know what to say. :(

    Hope it helped a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song! Glad I could help! :)

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say try it, at least once! My friend's mom has really curly, frizzy hair and she swears by it!

    ReplyDelete