Monday, November 1, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

We had a busy, fun weekend. Friday afternoon we arrived in Chicago, checked into our hotel, then met up with my brother and sister in law for dinner. Saturday morning Dan and Matthew headed over to South Bend with his brothers and sister for the ND-Tulsa game, while Libby and I stayed in the city. Saturday I finally met my sweet blogger friend, Heather, IRL. We hit it off instantly and chatted like we had been friends our entire life. Heather is very tall and very stunning, people notice her when she walks into a room. She was so kind and funny. I was sad our time flew by, but I know that we will definitely get together again soon. We were laughing because my husband was teasing me about meeting an "internet" friend. I agree it does sound crazy to meet someone that way, but I knew that I had to meet her, since I was in Chicago, and I am so glad I did!After brunch, Libby and I headed back down to Michigan Ave. where our first stop was The American Girl Doll Store. Julie (the doll) got a new hairstyle.
and then they got some matching outfits. The boys made it back to the city about 8:30 then we headed out for some pizza. Sunday we were on the road early so we would be home in time for the Halloween festivities.

Our night started out at our neighbors for some pizza
and funny thing, my night ended at my neighbors with some chardonnay!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween

BOO!!

7 comments:

  1. I´m following Heather´s blog too!
    It´s nice to see that blogger friends become real friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting blogger friends and Chicago is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect way to end the evening. :)

    Sound like you had a great time in Chicago. I follow Heather, as well, and she seems like a sweetheart. Glad you two hit it off and had a nice visit. I think it's cool you met a blogging friend. Perhaps we will get to meet someday. :)

    I love the last photo of your kids. Your son going as a whoopie cushion is a complete "hoot." That is TOTALLY something my son would be (You know boys and farting. Good lord!). Your girls look adorable, too!

    Happy November. "Gooble, gooble."

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I wrote "gooble" on your blog, too.

    Sheesh...I've never heard a turkey go "gooble." I was up late last night, but really.

    "Gobble, gobble!" Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. Shucks. Thanks Jill!

    The woopie cushion costume Matthew is wearing is so funny. :-) And I love Libby's new outfit for her and Julie (hee hee)

    It was so fun and I'm so happy I got to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great weekend and experience! I love to hear about people meeting other bloggers in real life")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids look so cute in their costumes! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete