Thursday, August 12, 2010

Michigan, weeks 2 and 3

Kids swimming in my sister's lake
Matt caught the big one! (with a little help from Uncle Ben)
So happy when this man showed up!
Dinner, our first night in Holland overlooking the beautiful Lake Michigan.
Scarlett on Lake Michigan's beach.
Matt is learning how to kayak.
All 3 of my kids playing on the beach.....heaven!!



To wrap up my tour of Michigan, after Mackinac I went back to Holland to grab Matthew from camp then headed cross state to Detroit to spend the week at my sister's house. My sister lives on a lake so we spent our days tubing, wake boarding and fishing. She is lucky enough to live about 5 miles from an incredible mall with everything from Barneys to Tory Burch so I definitely got in a little "me time". Towards the end of the week my husband flew up to Detroit then drove back to Holland with me where we spent another week at his parent's place. I got to spend some time with both of my sisters in law (and their hubbies) and the kids got to play with their cousins. It was a great vacation and the big bonus was that I got 3 weeks away from this God awful STL heat. It is so hot I can't even attempt to dress cute, right now the focus is not melt! Come on Fall!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks just wonderful. I love lakes and beaches.

    BTW - you have a very handsome hubby. :-)

    That picture of the 2 of you is so nice. I think if I met you in real life I'd be intimidated by all your "good-lookingness!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and your husband! Y'all are such a cute couple!

    Your sister's house sounds like heaven! Living close to an amazing mall and on the lake?! Can I come next time?

    ReplyDelete