Sunday, August 22, 2010

The end of summer


My quiet and relaxing weekend has quickly turned into a crazy, running around, getting stuff done weekend. Friday night while out to dinner with some friends, Dan decided that we should have a Labor Day weekend party. We have been in our house for about 5 months and still have many, many boxes to unpack, hundreds of pictures to hang, walls to paint, oh yeah and furniture to buy. One of my friends has always said the only way to get things done around your house is to send out an invitation. If you know you are having a party, you will do all those little projects that you keep putting off. I will say, we did more on Saturday then I have done this entire summer. I have been asking Dan since April to hang some pictures and they are now hung. Hmm maybe I am on to something, maybe I need to have a party every weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your house looks amazing! Just have that party and enjoy it. Sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your house looks wonderful! Hope the party is fabulous (which I'm sure it will be)!

    ReplyDelete