Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Welcome to 2013!!


I have always loved New Year's Day, for me it is the one day of the year I lounge all day long.  I rarely leave my house on this day, plus when you add the fact that it has been snowing here in STL, I am definitely staying put.  Today is the perfect day to take a long hot bubble bath, have a movie marathon, or get my house organized.


Which leads me to my new year's resolution.....get organized.  Many times during the holidays I felt very frazzled and I know it is because I am a mess.  I have got to get rid of some excess, find a place for everything, and teach my children to do the same.


I cannot tell you how many times this past month I have stood in my closet looking for an outfit, shoes, or some accessory.  If my closet looked like this....
that problem would be solved.


My sister stayed with me for a week and my pantry drove her crazy.  Now in my defense I have the smallest/worst pantry but she did point out that I had 3 jars of peanut butter in 3 different spots.  Big or small it does not matter, I want my pantry to look something like this...



Now this has been on my "to do" list for quite some time, but my friend Courtney made me realize that this is something I need to take care of sooner rather than later.  Not only do I need to back up my photos but I actually want to print them and put them in albums.  What is the point of taking fabulous pictures if they are only stored on your computer.  We have our Paris trip coming up in less then 2 weeks and I plan on taking a ton of pictures...




I love cookbooks and my cookbook collection is a mess.  I spent the last week before Christmas digging through books, magazines and my recipe box looking for cookie recipes for Christmas Eve, half of what I was looking for I never found at all and a couple I found yesterday.  Hmmm only a week late...


Finally, what is the point of all this if my kids come through and trash everything.  If I don't teach my children now the importance of organization I could potentially be setting them up for a lifetime of mess and chaos.  So today I will turn on some Chopin, pour myself a big coffee then wine, and hopefully I can get our toy room to look like this...



2 comments:

  1. I REALLY need to organize our storage room, but when I was at my friend's place last night and saw HER storage room, I realize mine's not really all that bad....#procrastinator
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! I am with you on all of it. I'm off to a good start and have totally redone my laundry room! Closets next. But first, pictures of course!! My hard drive arrives today and I too will be printing printing printing and putting them into books to enjoy (and backing them up in 17 places:) And may I say, Chopin and a glass of wine sound like a dream right now;) Happy New Year Jill!

    ReplyDelete