Friday, November 30, 2012

Girl Friday

After being out of town the past 2 weekends, I am looking forward to a fun weekend in the Lou.  Tonight all I want is to go out with just Dr. Beautiful for a quiet, yummy dinner...


Saturday we are in full holiday mode.  I am starting off the day with the girls doing one of our many holiday traditions.  The Big Bear Christmas Brunch at the Ritz...



with a special visit from you know who...



After brunch, the girls and I are headed to a Sprinkles and Cookies class...

where I am pretty sure we will be eating our homework!




Saturday evening, my favorite part of the city is hosting their annual Christmas walk.  All the shops and restaurants have decorated their storefront windows....




 their will be plenty of street carolers, hot wassil, holiday cheer, and the main attractions...



then onto dinner with the kids at one of our favorite pizza joints...



Sunday, I have grounded myself during the day.  I need to finish putting up our decorations...


and to start puppy proofing our house...


Sunday night there is a really lovely Christmas program at my daughter's school.  It is only for moms and it is called "Advent by Candle Light".  The school gym is transformed into a beautiful, festive room.  Tables are set and decorated with holiday china, centerpieces and plenty of candles.  Coffee and desserts are served and we have a guest speaker who is there to remind us what the holiday season is really about, how not to lose sight of the true importance of Christmas, and most importantly to remember and practice this belief after the trees have come down.  It is a very calming and peaceful night...


Have a beautiful weekend, and ho ho ho!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like another wonderful weekend!! Cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect weekend! I say this every Friday, but you always have great weekend plans! Have a great time with your family Jill!
    And yes, I have seen celebs. Maybe I should do a blog post about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yay for lots of Christmas festivities, sounds super fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your sweet family traditions!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete