Friday, January 31, 2014

Catch Up Friday

I thought things were supposed to settle down after the holidays and I would have all the free time in the world, well I was wrong.  Time for a little catch up

Last Friday the hubs went into work, my son was off for a sleep over, and I took my girls and headed downtown for a dance workshop/competition for my daughter Libby.  We checked into a room with a view...


then until 10 pm on Friday, and 8am until 6 pm on Saturday this was basically my view...
the things we do for our kids right!!  It was fun to watch the first 2 hours then it got a little old.


Saturday night I snuck away for a much needed break, and headed off to a paddle tennis party.
It was so fun and I was glad to focus on something else besides first position.



The drink of the night after every set....
fireball whiskey shot


This of course made it slightly painful for me to be back downtown at 8m for more dancing...


After a couple hours of being a dance mom again, I snuck away again for one of my girlfriend's birthday brunch...
after my 5 hour brunch I came home and napped for 2 hours, and that is something I rarely do.



Also this week, my little Scarlett turned 5!!  I cannot believe it.  I feel like I just gave birth, time is fleeting when you have kids, I just want everything to slow down.

and since my baby girl turned 5 it is time for her pastel portrait.  I did my 2 older children right around their 5th birthdays so my wall will be complete in about 3 weeks when her portrait will be ready.



I hardly saw the hubs this past weekend so we had a little date night during the week.  We wanted something totally low key and laid back so we saw a movie, one that has some oscar buzz, it's based on a true story, and one that I highly recommend....

We also saw it in a VIP theatre.  Now I am not a big movie person, I would much rather go to dinner and meet up with friends then see a movie, but if you are going to go to the movies, this is the way to do it...
comfy reclining chairs, full dinner and bar menu, and just a push of a button and your waiter is there for your beck and call.  Now that's how you see a movie!!


I popped into Anthropologie this week and pick up the most amazing smelling candle
Volupsa Mokara


and a very cute skirt
I am already planning my Valentine's Day outfit



A couple weeks ago I was at a friends house and we played the most insane game, Cards Against Humanity

The box says it all "a party game for horrible people" this is the funniest, most politically incorrect, most corrupt card game, and I loved every second.  I am fairly certain a group of really drunk guys were sitting around one night and this game was born.  There is a wait list just to order this game, get your name on that list ASAP, mine arrived this week and I laugh every time I just see the box.



One of my New Year's Resolutions was to try 1 new restaurant a month, I know not very deep and it certainly won't make me a better person but there are so many new restaurants I am dying to try.  This weekend I am crossing one off my list...



Nathalie's.  This looks like an old southern home but actually it was a funeral parlor many many years ago.  This place has gotten rave reviews, it was recently opened by a couple who own a farm about 30 minutes south of STL.  The farm to table concept is so hot right now, I love dining at places where not only is my food fresh and organic but I am also supporting our local farmers.


And for Superbowl Sunday I think I am going to hit this one out of the park for our party...

How can that be bad??

2 comments:

  1. I love your update. Fireball whiskey is so good!!

    I've seen so many people talk about that card game. I need to order it!

    Love that skirt from Anthro - darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We played that game on Christmas night with our grown kids, it was only a little awkward, but hilarious!

    ReplyDelete