Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Girl Friday/Branson/Early Edition

Today after school I am heading about 4 hours south with my mom and my girls to Silver Dollar City.  This is a tradition I have done the past couple years with my kids.  I always have to leave Dr Beautiful behind to work, but this year I have to leave my son.  He started a new school this year, it is much more academic and pulling him out for 2 days is just not a good idea.  

I will miss my boys, but I know we will have a fantastic trip.  The lights alone are amazing...


we also plan to catch a performance of "AChristmas Carol"...


watch the giant tree light up every night...


ride the polar express...


 see the Christmas lights parade...


and it's a bit chilly but most of the rides are still open...






I will be rolling back into town Friday afternoon just in time for one of my favorite parties, the Nordstrom Holiday Event...


 In addition to some great deals, there will be a hot chocolate bar...


passed hors d'oeuvres from a fabulous catering company...

and the holiday martini...


I never pass up a chance to eat, shop and drink all at the same time!!



After the party, my friends and I are trying out the new champagne bar that opened a few weeks ago.



I hope I exercise some common sense Friday night, because Saturday I need to be in the most beautiful ballroom downtown at 8:30 am for our annual Breakfast with Santa...

breakfast with Santa last year...



Saturday night the hubs is working so I am hanging with the kiddos doing some of this...


and watching this...

Sunday we have another Breakfast with Santa, this one is a fundraiser for my daughters school..



Sunday I need to...



and...


I have a couple gift exchange parties coming up and I hate waiting until the last minute to shop and wrap!!

Have a beautiful weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Silver Dollar City looks magical! Love reading about your fabulous plans:) Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekends make me tired just reading about them!! :-) That all sounds like so much fun! I have no plans this weekend which is probably a good thing b/c I have a rotten cold right now.

    I especially am jealous of your Nordstrom event!! That sounds so fun.

    Say hi to Libby from me and tell her I hope she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time with your mom and the girls!! That shopping event sounds amazing:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Branson! I went there for the first time a few years ago and loved it. Sounds like you'll be having a great few days ahead of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekends are so fun!!! Have fun in Branson!!! And yes your son's school is way harder and you don't miss school, but its such a great school. Thanks for the tip with the new champ bar I want to try it when I'm home for break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another fab weekend! I can't wait to take little man to breakfast with Santa! And how amazing does a champs bar sound? Take me with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful weekend! The champagne bar sounds dangerously fun!


    =) Brooke

    ReplyDelete