Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well Read

I have a couple resolutions for 2014 and one of them is to read more books than I did in 2013.  I read 15 books during 2013 and I would recommend every last one...
and the book I finished on the beach on New Year's Eve


I have mentioned it before, but The Storyteller hands down was THE BEST book I have read.



Now for 2014 I am not off to a good start, so for for this year I have only read 3 books
This book takes place in St. Louis, actually right in the part of the city where I live, so that was fun to read.  I liked the book but the ending just bugged me.  Without giving anything away, I am fairly certain that if I did what the main character did my ending would be drastically different.




Great book, this is what happens after someone has been kidnapped and held hostage for 7 years during which that time she has a baby.




The third book is for my book club tonight

I feel like I should like this because it is about an 18 year old boy who has 4 near death experiences before he finally passes away .  It is a true story, written by the boy's sister.  The writing was all over the place and his experiences are about seeing a white light.  I will admit I still have about 50 more pages to read before tonight so my opinion might change, all my friends in our book (wine) club keep saying how much they love it.

I need some really good recommendations or I am not going to fulfill my resolution this year!!

4 comments:

  1. I also LOVED the Storyteller so much. I have read a lot of your recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storyteller is definitely on my list!!! Can't wait! I recommend "The Husband's Secret", "The Night Circus", "Shadow Man", and "Keeping Faith" just to name a few. I heard that "Divergent" is amazing and I'm planning on getting through that before the movie comes out. I think it's a Trilogy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must start reading again! Hope you are enjoying the weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love escaping for a bit and getting lost in a good book. I've read a few of these, and actually plan to read a couple on our upcoming trip. I am adding The Storyteller to my list to read this year too! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete