Friday, September 21, 2012

Girl Friday

Happy Friday!

Tonight we have a "tailgate" party but instead of traditional beer and brats we are kicking it up a notch...



champagne....




and finger foods....



We have some friends in town this weekend and their timing is perfect, my favorite restaurant that I mention all the time, well the brilliant chef has just opened a new restaurant.  They are not taking reservations yet but we are going to take our chances Saturday night, the worst case scenario is that we end up sitting at the bar all night...



Sunday morning, a little brunch with the hubs...





Sunday afternoon I am in a cook-off to benefit my daughter's school.  I grouped up with 3 other friends and the rules are to make something from the school's cookbook and to choose something that represents you.  Well since we are all classy ladies we decided on chicken salad sandwiches....


of course the little something extra we decided on, to hopefully give us the first place ribbon, is to add a 
potato chip to each sandwich for a litte extra crunch.


Have a beautiful weekend

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of tailgate! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that now I want a mimosa and it's 10:34 am?

    I'm going out for some friend's B-day tomorrow and it's going to be a long day of drinking/eating. Looking forward to it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Champagne makes everything better! Hope you win the cook off! And eating at the bar is always a great idea = faster drink service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I’m loving it! What a beautiful family and home your have! and I LOVE your girl tailgating style, so my pace!!! Stop by and say hello some time, I love meeting fellow mama-bloggers. . . . E

    ReplyDelete