Monday, July 23, 2012

Life's a Beach


For most mid-westerners when we talk about going to the beach we mean the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan.  This is where I have spent part of my summer for the last 17 years...



My beach bag is packed with all the essentials for a perfect vacation.  John Frieda go blonder shampoo, conditioner and lightening spray, basically an updated version of sun-in.  If I am going to be spending my days in the sun I might as well lighten my hair while doing it...


Bain de Soleil orange gelee sunscreen, this is hands down the best smelling sunscreen in town.  I am not sure why they don't make this with any higher SPF than 4 so I usually put this on after 3 pm.  They just need to bottle this scent into a perfume and call it a day...







A little reading about Ernest Hemingway and the love of his life...




and then onto my absolute fluff, beach reading...





last, but not least some new sunglasses.  I have been wearing my aviators for years and thought it was time for a change...




these are all tucked neatly into my new bag I found at Target...


13 comments:

  1. Lake M looks beautiful! The Paris Wife is on my list to read. Loooove the new glasses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southern Charm is on my reading list, too! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your holiday choices! Have a fabulous time:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that Target bag! Let me know how Tinsley's book is. I love her. Do you follow her on Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  5. just discovered your blog and I love it!
    I'm your newest follower - hope you can check mine out as well : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just took a trip up to New Buffalo, MI and we loved it! I am sure you will have an amazing trip!
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just returned from Michigan yesterday! Our family goes every year. We vacation in the little resort town of Saugatuck. Sometimes we alternate with South Haven. We LOVE to boat!
    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh....how I would LOVE a vacay right now! I may have to try that spray hair lightner since I just went back blonde! Let me know how both of those books are! I aim looking for a good read! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally have to get that beach read. My daughter's name is Tinsley so I know that must be a good book! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Hot for Hobos post. If you have time, I'd love for you to check out my How to Plan a Porch Party post today:)
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm headed to the beaches of Gulf Shores next week and sure would love to have those sunglasses!

    -Julie
    twoshoppermoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous beach, love the bag, hows the fluff book? Those are my favorites for summer;)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete