Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Start

Hello 2015!!

I realize that a new start can begin any day that we make up our minds to do something, but there is something magical about a new year.  

We open up that brand new, blank calendar and suddenly the world is our oyster.  I try to keep my resolutions relatively simple and obtainable (no sky diving for me and sadly I will not be the next creative director at J Crew) but I always like to throw in the wild card resolution for a little challenge.


Top of my list is always to read more...
this is just a basic fact that was drilled into us since kindergarten, and they were right!!





organize, organize, organize...








dinner as a family...
I am just asking for 1-2 times a week




which of course means I need to do more of this...



totally silly, but anyone who takes bar method can vouch for me.  I totally want to be able to do this





Piano lessons...
I used to play all through high school, then I went off to college and that was that.  I have a piano sitting in my living room and a teacher that comes to my house for my kids every Monday night, why am I not taking a lesson too??


and my wild card...
go back to school and get a nursing degree



Like I said, wild card, not sure if I really want this but definitely worth thinking about!





2 comments:

  1. Piano lessons are on my list too. I never learned to play, but I'm thinking I can take them with my kids and it would be a really fun thing to do together!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find a reasonably priced piano lesson teacher in Chicago. I'd like both my kids to have lessons but I'm not paying $30 a half hour. :-)

    I could also see you working as a stylist or event planner. With all the school activities and events you have planned you're already doing it, now they just need to pay you!

    ReplyDelete