Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chicago

Re entry from vacation is always rough and this one is no exception.  I feel like we made the most of the time we were gone, and had many fun filled days and nights.

I loaded the kids and the car and we said au revoir to St. Louis...


and bonjour Chicago...



our first night in town the beautiful Heather had us all over for pizza and wine...



and just as I suspected, our girls were instant best buddies...



We spent our days at The Bean at Millenium Park...




The amazing Field Museum...


watching the most spectacular polar bear at Lincoln Park Zoo, who I swear was posing for photo opps



A stroll down my favorite street in the city...



my early morning caffeine fix...



and of course a little shopping on Michigan Avenue...



Dinner with my brother and sister in law by their new place..




My last night in town, Heather and I had the most delicious meal at Paris Club (but sadly no pictures)..


and just as I was heading back to my hotel one of my friends from St. Louis called me, she happened to be in Chicago too so we met up for a late night cocktail...
 A great start to my vacation for sure!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back, I missed your blog! Looks like such a wonderful trip--good food, fun for the kiddos, time with friends, doesn't get any better than that:) Love the polar bear pic, my boys would go crazy over him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see you!! I'm glad you got to go out and meet your friend after Paris Club! Did you guys go to Drumbar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Sounds like you had a fun action packed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun trip! Love that you met up with Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to have had a fab time! Hope you have settled back home:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete