Friday, March 4, 2011

Sneak Peak

My friend Kim and I have this little joke that if you ever want anything to get done in your house, send out an invitation. Nothing motivates me more than knowing I will be entertaining. I knew that we would be having 2 parties in our home in April, so it was time to work on our dining room. The invitations for our first party went out on Wednesday, so Thursday morning at 7 am my wallpaper guy was knocking on my door ready to hang some paper.

Here is a wall before the paper went up
and here is that same wall,
and another one.

There are still things that need to be done, new window treatments and having the chairs recovered but hey Rome wasn't built in a day!

14 comments:

  1. That is brilliant! I love it. You are totally right about the entertaining equals motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cette tapisserie est très romantique. Bravo pour ton choix!
    Mais peut-être pourrais-tu prévoir, pour le moment où tes invités arriveront, une musique de chants d'oiseaux...
    Bon week-end, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like your wallpaper! Beautiful!! I am always most motivated before company comes too!
    We are working on our dining room too! I just ordered a new china cabinet, now I just need new chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO true, nothing motivates me to organize, finish a project and generally improve the house like guests coming!!! Cute wallpaper - very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the wallpaper and yes before my graduation party two years ago I think the handyman lived at our house for a month! haha! Can't wait to see the finished project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing, Jill!! I love the wallpaper. I keep forgetting to tell you the paint color in Sterling's nursery is called Toasted Walnut. I am almost postive its by Behr, but of course I can't find the paint chip now! It is the perfect brown I think, not too green or black. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO true!!! I feel like anytime I know I'll be entertaining...we go into overtime to make sure the house is ready. Love this wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the finished project! It already looks so beautiful!

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wallpaper is beyond gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh that is so beautiful.. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that wallpaper. Love the colors, love the birdcages :-)
    And... you won my book giveaway! If you send me your address (email is on my blog) I'll pop it in the post to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I can't wait to see the finished product! Hope you had a wondeful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto on the invitation!! My favorite motivation!!

    ReplyDelete