Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Do!

Matthew checking out the view of Michigan Ave. from our hotel window
Libby getting ready for the rehearsal
Dan and I at Gibsons
The bride and groom
Getting our hair done
The ring bearer and flower girl are ready for a wedding
Libby and cousin Tess so excited to walk down the aisle
Matthew a little nervous to walk down the aisle
Congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs.
My beautiful family

I am just starting to recover from a whirlwind wedding weekend. The fun began early Friday morning, My hubs and I caught a 6am flight to Chicago so he could play golf with the groomsmen. I spent the day shopping, eating and getting a mani/pedi. The kiddos arrive about 4 pm with my parents then it was non-stop. After a 6pm rehearsal at the church it was off to Gibsons on Rush for the dinner. After a delicious filet dinner and some cocktails and some very heartfelt toasts from the bride and groom it was midnight and time to call it a night.

Saturday morning came bright and early. Dan took my 10 year old, Matthew and baby Scarlett on a walk to the lake while I went to grab a quick breakfast with my 7 year old Libby. After breakfast I had about 30 minutes to kill so I took the girls to American Girl Doll Place. Libby and I then had to rush off for hair and make-up appointments. We did a quick change of clothes then it was off to the church. Matthew and Libby were in the wedding and both looked so precious. The bride was absolutely stunning and the groom handsome as ever. After the wedding there was a happy hour at McGee's Bar next to the church then off to the Chicago History Museum for a fabulous reception. I am telling you no detail was overlooked for this wedding, I can honestly say the weekend was perfect. We even had beautiful 80 degree weather. At about midnight the reception ended then some of us headed to a bar around the corner from our hotel because we didn't want the fun to end. My mom always says "nothing good happens after midnight" I should of listened to her because Sunday morning came way too quickly!!

Sunday morning after popping about 4 ibuprofen I made it to the brunch, kissed my kiddos goodbye (they were heading home with my parents) then set off to see Billy Elliot.

Welcome to the family Emily....we love you!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a wonderful wedding and what a FUN weekend! Great pictures. Really pretty!!