Friday, November 20, 2015

Girl Friday

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week.  Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.  I love spending time with my friends and family but I don't have the stress of gifts, and decorating, and baking 12 different varieties of cookies, and getting out a photo card and the list goes on....


Next week we are heading to Detroit to spend the holiday at my sister's house



I am in charge of the veggie on Thursday.  I think my sister wants me to make the canned green beans with the soup and french onions but I just can't.  I think I am going to make this instead


It is going to be freezing in the big D town so I picked up a cute little number so at least my neck will stay warm

The day after Thanksgiving we plan on doing a little shopping

then off to see The Nutcracker


and this weekend, we are having our Friendsgiving here in STL
Thanksgiving feast in a barn about an hour outside of the city.


It's going to be a chilly night, the barn is open air, at least I got my new favorite pinot to keep me warm, and my new scarf!!


Have a beautiful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. The brussel sprout dish looks delish. If you have to make a green bean casserole, try the Cooks Illustrated version. You actually make a cream of mushroom soup base for it. So good!

    http://www.food.com/recipe/green-bean-casserole-from-cooks-illustrated-201819

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a brussels sprout gratin for Christmas one year and it was so good even my picky family ate it!

    ReplyDelete